The Churchill Scholarship offer American students of exceptional ability and promise the opportunity to pursue graduate studies in the sciences, engineering or mathematics at one of the world's great universities, Churchill College, Cambridge University. The Scholarship covers all University and College tuition and fees, a living allowance and a travel allowance.
Part of the Churchill application involves a research statement. In order to adequately satisfy this portion of the application, all applicants in lab-based sciences should contact the directors of relevant labs at Cambridge University in the spring before they apply. You should find a lab that would be willing to host you if you receive the Churchill scholarship. In order to apply for the Churchill the following November, you should have a note from an appropriate lab at Cambridge showing that you have been in touch, and that they would be willing to work with you further. Students interested in the Churchill should contact Laura Perille for further information.
- Applicants must be current seniors or recent alums with a science (computer science included), engineering or mathematics major.
- GPA 3.9 or higher.
- High acheivement in GRE or MCAT scores.
- High level of academic achievement, including considerable research experience, in the chosen field.
Please contact the office at email@example.com for nomination application materials.
The Office of Fellowships & Awards will review applications and notify students accordingly. In late April students will interview with the University Fellowship Selection Committee for official University endorsement. Endorsed students will work closely with this office on the final application.
- University Endorsement: September 8, 2017
- Begin Applying to Cambridge: Late September 2017
- External Fellowship Deadline: November 10, 2017