Michel David-Weill is an alumnus of Sciences Po and former Chairman of the investment bank Lazard Freres. The Michel David-Weill Foundation has founded this scholarship to attract the best and brightest American students to pursue their post graduate education at Sciences Po in Paris, one of the leading French universities in human and social sciences in France. For more information, please visit http://sciences-po.eu.
The scholarship is awarded to one student who exemplifies the core values embodied by Michel David-Weill-- excellence, leadership, multiculturalism, tolerance and high achievement. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their literary and scholastic accomplishments, their capacity to analyze critically, their morals and character, instincts to lead, and their commitment to community- local or global. Students interested in applying should contact Laura Perille.
- U.S. citizens
- Currently enrolled as Seniors, and between 19-25 years of age
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- No constraints on the field of study, although candidates wishing to pursue a Sciences Po Masters program related to economics are strongly encouraged to apply
- Candidates pursuing the Master of Public Affairs (MPA) and/or executive training courses are ineligible
To apply for Georgetown nomination for the MDW Scholarship you should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Unofficial transcript from MyAccess.
- 1000-word statement outlining your motivation and fit based on the scholarship guidelines of excellence.
- 250-word essay on the Masters program you would like to pursue at Sciences Po, and why.
- Names of your recommenders and a brief description of what they would be able to address about you.
- One writing sample; preferably of a significant research paper in your major field.
University Endorsement Deadline: Early September. Please contact the office for more information.
External Fellowship Deadlines/Timeline: End of November.
November: Georgetown submits the university's nominee to Sciences Po. The candidate must separately apply to a Masters program of study at Sciences Po and complete the online application for the Michel David-Weill Scholarship.
December: The Sciences Po Admission Jury announces its decision on the candidate's acceptance into a Sciences Po Masters program, pre-selects five MDW finalists from the application pool, and sends their names to the MDW Selection Committee.
January/February: Finalists are invited to interview with the MDW Selection Committee in New York.
February/March: Finalists are interviewed. The laureate of the MDW Scholarship will be announced shortly thereafter.
June: The laureate of the MDW Scholarship will receive the award at the Annual US Sciences Po Foundation Gala in New York.