Schwarzman Scholars have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Scholars live and study together on the newly-built campus of Schwarzman College, where all classes are taught in English. Students pursue a Master's in Global Affairs, with concentrations in one of the disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
Throughout the scholarship year, students are immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society.
To learn more, please visit the Schwarzman Scholars website.
- No citizenship or nationality requirements [Note: applicants who hold passports from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao apply in a separate application cycle]
- Candidates must have undergraduate degree or equivalent by start of scholarship year
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 as of August of application year
Currently enrolled undergraduate students who are applying to the Schwarzman Scholarship must go through Georgetown's internal endorsement process. To secure endorsement, students must submit the following application materials to GOFAR by Late August, 2018:
- Three letters of recommendation (emailed separately by recommenders to email@example.com)
- Three essays (personal statement, leadership, current affairs - instructions for the essays may be found here)
- Unofficial transcript
Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and "Schwarzman Application" in the email subject heading.