Schwarzman Scholars is a program for the next generation of young leaders, anchored in a fully-funded 11-month Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s Tsinghua University – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Scholars live and study together in Schwarzman College, where all classes are taught in English. Students pursue a Master’s in Global Affairs.
Throughout the scholarship year, students are immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. The program also provides Scholars with high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
Upcoming Information Session
Thursday, April 2nd 3:30 PM EST
Webinar details here
- No citizenship or nationality requirements [Note: applicants who hold passports from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao apply in a separate application cycle]
- Candidates must have undergraduate degree or equivalent by start of scholarship year
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 as of August of application year
Applications open for U.S and Global applicants in April 2020 for the 2021-2022 class, deadline in September, and selections made in November 2020. The application is now open for students with Chinese passports, deadline in May, with selections made in September 2020. Students and alums apply directly through the Schwarzman application portal. The application consists of the following components:
- Online application
- Resume (two pages maximum)
- Two essays
- Three letters of recommendation
- Video (optional)
Feel free to contact the Fellowship Office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US/Global application deadline: September 2020
- Chinese passport holders application deadline: May 2020
Schwarzman Scholars in the News
For information about other fellowships in Asia, check out GOFAR’s Asia Opportunities Guide.