Michel David-Weill Scholarship
The Michel David-Well Scholarship carries a monetary value of $80,000 and covers the cost of tuition and living expenses during a two-year master’s program at Sciences Po in Paris, an international research university which specializes in the social sciences and offers multidisciplinary programs taught in English and French.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their literary and scholastic accomplishments, their capacity to analyze critically, their morals and character, instincts to lead, and their commitment to community- local or global. Students interested in applying should contact GOFAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. citizens
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate senior, and between 19-25 years of age
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- Be accepted to an eligible Sciences Po master’s program. Eligible programs are any two-year master’s programs taught entirely at Sciences Po, including the Master in Public Policy
- No constraints on the field of study, although candidates wishing to pursue a Sciences Po master’s program related to economics are strongly encouraged to apply
- Prior knowledge of French is not required, as the majority of programs offered at Sciences Po are taught in English, with French tracks or bilingual tracks offered for some programs.
To apply for Georgetown nomination for the MDW Scholarship, you must submit the following to email@example.com by October 2020:
- Unofficial transcript from MyAccess.
- 1000-word statement outlining your motivation and fit based on the scholarship guidelines of excellence.
- 250-word essay on the master’s program that you are pursuing at Sciences Po, and why.
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be academic (letters must be emailed separately by recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recent graded paper (8-10 pages with professor’s comments), preferably a significant research paper in your major field.
University Endorsement Deadline: October 2020.
External Fellowship Deadlines/Timeline: End of November 2020.
November: Georgetown submits the university’s nominee to Sciences Po. The candidate must separately apply to a master’s program of study at Sciences Po and complete the candidate information form for the Michel David-Weill Scholarship.
December: The Sciences Po Admission Jury announces its decision on the candidate’s acceptance into a Sciences Po master’s program, pre-selects five MDW finalists from the application pool, and sends their names to the MDW Selection Committee.
January/February: Finalists are invited to interview with the MDW Selection Committee in New York.
February/March: Finalists are interviewed. The laureate of the MDW Scholarship will be announced shortly thereafter.