Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are three-to-four week programs for US undergraduate students. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university. The Institutes include an educational residency relevant to the host university’s cultural, historical and industrial environment.
- Scotland: Glasgow School of Art & University of Strathclyde
- Wales: University of Aberystwyth, Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences
- Northern Ireland: Queen’s University Belfast
- England: University of Bristol
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a US citizen and possess a US passport
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Participate in the program in its entirety
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the program finishes
- Have had little or no study or travel outside of the US – applicants who have spent more than four weeks outside of the US/North America in the last five years are not eligible.
- The online application form includes indicating which UK Summer Institute you want to attend, two short answer questions, a personal statement and an essay question.
- Two reference letters
- November: Applications opens
- February: Application deadline Feb. 11, 2020 5:00pm EST
- Late February/early March: First round of status notifications
- Late March/early April: Second round of status notification for applicants
- April: Interviews take place/all applicants notified of their status
- May-June: Preparation and pre-departure information
- June-August: Summer Institutes take place
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.