Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Knight-Hennessy Scholars may pursue a graduate education in any of Stanford’s graduate programs. Knight-Hennessy particularly welcomes students pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees in law, business, medicine, engineering, humanities and sciences, education, and earth, energy and environmental sciences – all of which are ranked among the top five in the world. The program supports individuals who are ambitious, in the best sense, and will drive large-scale change in our complex world.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive a generous stipend comprising on-campus room and board in addition to the fellowship, which is directly applied to cover tuition and associated fees. They also enjoy a shared hub, the Denning House, which serves as a dedicated space for ongoing interaction with small-group spaces, classrooms, lecture and discussion rooms, and a dining space for 100 Scholars.
More information can be found on the Knight Hennessy website.
- Non-U.S. citizens welcome to apply
- Must be pursuing a graduate degree
- Must be a graduating senior, but cannot apply later than four years after receiving Bachelor’s Degree
- Must meet requirements of the Stanford graduate program to which you are applying
Currently enrolled seniors must apply through GOFAR. If interested in applying, you must submit the following materials as one Word or pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of August 2019.
- Two personal essays (personal essay prompts)
- Two short-answer responses (short-answer prompts)
- Unofficial transcript
- Date of – and scores from – standardized test as required for admission to Stanford graduate program; if have not yet taken test, list details regarding date and time when you will take the test
- Two letters of recommendation (emailed separately be recommenders to email@example.com)
Seniors who are selected for university endorsement will receive the institutional letter of support that accompanies their application to Knight-Hennessy.
While alums may seek guidance from GOFAR, they do not need to go through the internal process and may apply directly to Knight-Hennessy.