Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Knight-Hennessy Scholars pursue a graduate degree in any of Stanford University’s graduate programs including its three professional schools: Medicine, Law and Business, and its four academic schools: Earth Sciences, Education, Engineering and Humanities and Sciences. The program supports individuals who are ambitious, in the best sense, and will drive large-scale change in our complex world. In addition to pursuing graduate studies, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars participate in leadership development, mentorship opportunities and experiential learning.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive a generous stipend comprising on-campus room and board in addition to the fellowship, which is directly applied to cover tuition and associated fees. They also enjoy a shared hub, the Denning House, which serves as a dedicated space for ongoing interaction with small-group spaces, classrooms, lecture and discussion rooms, and a dining space for 100 Scholars.
- No restrictions based on citizenship or area of study
- Must apply within six years of receiving a Bachelor’s Degree (or eight years for US Military, active duty or veterans).
- Must apply separately to a Stanford graduate program
The application for enrollment in fall 2021 will open May 2020.
Currently enrolled seniors must apply through GOFAR. If interested in applying contact us at email@example.com and join our Knight-Hennessy listserv. Internal applications are due by the end of August 2020.
Application materials include:
- Two personal essays
- Two short-answer responses
- One short video response
- One page resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Standardized test results as required for admission to selected Stanford graduate program; if forthcoming, provide test dates and details.
- Two letters of recommendation (emailed separately by recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seniors who are selected for university endorsement will receive an institutional letter of support that accompanies their application to Knight-Hennessy.
While Georgetown alums may seek guidance from GOFAR, they do not need to go through the internal process and may apply directly to Knight-Hennessy.
To join the listserv contact email@example.com
For more information see this program overview presentation.