Luce Scholars Program
The Luce Scholars Program provides stipends and internships for eighteen young Americans to live and work in East and Southeast Asia each year. The Luce Scholars Program stresses personal and work experience and consists of a one-year professional apprenticeship in Asia in order to increase awareness of Asia among future leaders in American society. The program stresses flexibility, adaptability, creativity, openness to new ideas, and sensitivity to cultural difference in addition to academic achievement. Please visit the Luce Scholars Foundation Website for more details. Students interested in the Luce should contact Laura Perille.
- Applicants must be American citizens.
- Applicants are ineligible if they have had significant prior exposure to East and Southeast Asia Studies. Applicants may not have spent more than 12 weeks in one or more countries where Luce Scholars are placed.
- Applicants should be seniors or recent alumni, but must not be older than 29 when the program begins.
Submit the following application materials to Dr. Laura Perille (Gervase B-11) by the University endorsement deadline of October 1, 2019.
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcripts for all institutions of higher education (in hard copy)
- Four letters of recommendation (for the September 20th deadline your recommenders should email these to email@example.com. If you are nominated they will need to submit a hard copy recommendation.)
- Two recent passport sized photos
The University will nominate up to three candidates to the Henry Luce Foundation. The Luce Foundation interviews applicants, selecting 15-18 winners from a group of 45 finalists.
University Endorsement Deadline: October 1, 2019
External Fellowship Deadline: November 1, 2019
For more information, contact GOFAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.