British Marshall Scholarships
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study. Scholarships are for one or two years and are tenable at any British University and for study in any discipline at graduate level, leading to the award of a British degree.
- US Citizen
- GPA a minimum of 3.7, preference for above or approaching 3.8
- Graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2018 and before the commencement of the grant
To be considered for University endorsement, candidates must first complete the internal application process and submit all materials by a June 1st, 2020.
The Office of Fellowships & Awards organizes a selection review committee to read applications and select nominees. These endorsed students will then work closely with the office on the final application.
- University endorsement
- Official transcript
- Online application form (available early Spring 2020)
- Outline of proposed studies in the UK (500 words)
- Personal essay (1,000 words)
- Four letters of recommendation (two of which must be academic)
University Endorsement Deadline:
- June 1st, 2020 (first stage)
Please note: this deadline is for juniors, seniors and young alumni who wish to matriculate at a university in the UK in Autumn 2021. You should pay careful attention to the deadlines and the academic year as our internal deadlines are a year and a half in advance of the matriculation date.
British Marshall Scholarships Deadline postmark:
- October 2020 (second stage, for endorsed students)
For more information, please contact GOFAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.