Michel David-Weill is an alumnus of Sciences Po and former Chairman of the investment bank Lazard Freres. The Michel David-Weill Foundation established this scholarship to attract the best and brightest American students to pursue their post-graduate education in Paris at Sciences Po, one of the leading French universities in human and social sciences in France. For more information, please visit http://sciences-po.eu.
The scholarship is awarded to one student who exemplifies the core values embodied by Michel David-Weill -- excellence, leadership, multiculturalism, tolerance and high achievement. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their literary and scholastic accomplishments, their capacity to analyze critically, their morals and character, instincts to lead, and their commitment to community- local or global. Students interested in applying should contact Laura Perille.
- U.S. citizens
- Currently enrolled as Seniors, and between 19-25 years of age
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- No constraints on the field of study, although candidates wishing to pursue a Sciences Po master's program related to economics are strongly encouraged to apply
- Candidates pursuing dual-degree programs and/or executive training courses are ineligible
To apply for Georgetown nomination for the MDW Scholarship, you must submit the following to email@example.com by Mid September 2018:
- Unofficial transcript from MyAccess.
- 1000-word statement outlining your motivation and fit based on the scholarship guidelines of excellence.
- 250-word essay on the master's program that you are pursuing at Sciences Po, and why.
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be academic (letters must be emailed separately by recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recent graded paper (8-10 pages with professor's comments), preferably a significant research paper in your major field.
University Endorsement Deadline: Mid September 2018. Please see the above instructions regarding the application process.
External Fellowship Deadlines/Timeline: End of November 2018.
November: Georgetown submits the university's nominee to Sciences Po. The candidate must separately apply to a master's program of study at Sciences Po and complete the online application for the Michel David-Weill Scholarship.
December: The Sciences Po Admission Jury announces its decision on the candidate's acceptance into a Sciences Po master's program, pre-selects five MDW finalists from the application pool, and sends their names to the MDW Selection Committee.
January/February: Finalists are invited to interview with the MDW Selection Committee in New York.
February/March: Finalists are interviewed. The laureate of the MDW Scholarship will be announced shortly thereafter.
June: The laureate of the MDW Scholarship will receive the award at the Annual US Sciences Po Foundation Gala in New York.