Marshall Scholarships are awarded by the British Council to 40 American students for two years of post-graduate study in the United Kingdom. Scholarships can be used at more than one hundred universities and institutions in the United Kingdom in almost any area of study. Recipients are expected to be in residence at the British university for two years and to take their degree in that time.
- US Citizen
- GPA a minimum of 3.7, preference for above or approaching 3.8
- Graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2015 and before the commencement of the grant
- University endorsement
- Official transcript
- Online application form
- Outline of proposed studies in the UK (500 words)
- Personal essay (1,000 words)
- Four letters of recommendation (two of which must be academic)
Candidates must submit their application (see link below) by the internal deadline on Monday, May 14, 2018.
The Office of Fellowships & Awards will organize a selection review committee to read applications and select nominees. Endorsed students will work closely with the office on the final application.
University Endorsement Deadline:
- Monday, May 14, 2018 (first stage)
Please note: this deadline is for juniors, seniors and young alumni who wish to matriculate at a university in the UK. You should pay careful attention to the deadlines and the academic year as our internal deadlines are a year and a half in advance of the matriculation date.
British Marshall Scholarships Deadline postmark:
- Early October 2018