The Saint Andrew's Society of the State of New York has provided over 150 graduate scholarships to promote cultural interchange and goodwill between Scotland and the United States since 1960. Senior undergraduate students who will obtain a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and who are applying to a graduate program at a Scottish university may apply to this scholarship. The award provides funds up to a maximum of $30,000 to be used for tuition, board, transportation, and other expenses.
- US citizen
- Candidates must have some Scottish descent
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must obtain a Bachelor's degree and have a strong undergraduate record
- Must reside or attend school within 250 miles of New York State
- Must possess qualifications which will enable them to be good ambassadors for the United States while in Scotland
- Must be applying for a graduate program at a Scottish university
Nomination applications are due in mid-November. For those interested in applying, please contact the Laura Perille.
- Completed application, email email@example.com for materials.
- Statement that sets forth why you wish to continue your education, with clarity around the graduate study objective(s) to be achieved and why you wish to study in Scotland
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
Applicants will be notified whether or not they have received nomination within two weeks of submission.
If you receive nomination, the office will send your application materials to St. Andrew's by the external deadline.
Saint Andrew's Society will select six finalists to attend an interview luncheon in New York City during February or early March. Following this luncheon, two of these finalists will be awarded a scholarship for graduate study in Scotland.
- University Endorsement Deadline: Please contact the Office for information.
- External Fellowship Deadline: Mid-December 2018