Why engage in Undergraduate Research?
Participating in a research experience, independently or in collaboration with a faculty member, enhances your undergraduate educational experience and better prepares you for your future academic and professional pursuits. By conducting research, you will:
- develop a new skill set
- further your knowledge of a topic that most interests you
- foster mentorships with faculty members and experienced researchers
- connect with the greater Georgetown community
- make an original contribution to your academic field
- take charge of your undergraduate experience outside of the traditional curriculum