Schwarzman Scholars have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Scholars live and study together in Schwarzman College, where all classes are taught in English. Students pursue a Master’s in Global Affairs.
Throughout the scholarship year, students are immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. The program also provides Scholars with high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
To learn more, please visit the Schwarzman Scholars website.
For more information about transformative fellowships in Asia, please consult GOFAR’s Guide to Asia Fellowships.
- No citizenship or nationality requirements [Note: applicants who hold passports from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao apply in a separate application cycle]
- Candidates must have undergraduate degree or equivalent by start of scholarship year
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 as of August of application year
Applications for U.S and Global applicants open in April 2019 for the 2020-2021 class, with selections made in November 2019. Applicants with Chinese passports apply by May 2019, with selections made in September 2019. Students and alums apply directly through the Schwarzman application portal. The application consists of the following components:
- Online application
- Resume (two pages maximum)
- Two essays
- Three letters of recommendation
- Video (optional)